Thursday, July 19, 2007

Common Email Manners by the Angry Coder

"Somehow, somewhere, people got the notion that the internet was a buffer shielding us from the obligations of common manners. I would like to see this trend make an about-face, starting with email. When I send you an email, I would like a prompt reply (even if it is just to say that you'll have to get back to me later). I will extend you the same courtesy. It's sad that I have to write about a lesson that we all should have learned in Kindergarten. It's time for the trolls to crawl out of their caves and sharpen some of their social interaction skills. My name is Jonathon Goodyear, and I am the angry Coder. Do email black-holes irritate you? How do you deal with the offendors? What are some other heinous infractions of email etiquette? Share your experiences and voice your opinions..."http://www.angrycoder.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=13