Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Holidays



Hi to all and a Happy Holiday Season. I hope everyone has a great 2009. I am with my two daughters and grandson for this Holiday Season and plan on staying in Texas at least until late spring. I really don't miss the snow and cold of the NY winters, but wish that we could have snow just for Christmas. It is going to be 75 degrees on Thursday. It's hard to feel the season without the snow. I am hoping to bring my grandson to NY next year to make snow angels. Austin makes it a nice place to be during the holidays. So many bright lights and programs including weekly Christmas strolls through some of the small suburb towns. Salado, Texas (my favorite)is well known for their strolls. People come from all over and spend the weekend in town. The center of town is about five blocks long and is known for building after building of antiques stores. The street and buildings are amazingly decorated with Mr and Mrs Clause greeting the children and beautiful horse drawn carriage rides. I live in a small suburb of Austin called Georgetown. We also have a Christmas stroll in the Town Square and each year they add more and more. This year they added an outdoor movie for the kids (The Grinch who Stole Christmas) and a Manger village educating the kids on the life and times of that era. If any of my classmates make it to Austin, I am sure they will love what the city has to offer. AND that is coming from someone who never, ever thought they would venture to this part of the country.


Again, Have a Great Holiday....




Sandy from Austin Today