Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sandy Jackson Epoch

Kidless and Bored
Well, I am kidless since Dylan is back in preschool. Weekdays are boring without him. So I am glad when the weekends roll around. Last week we worked the 85th annual Austin Kite Festival. I registered homemade kites for competition from the smallest kite of less than and inch to, believe it or not, almost a 25+ft kite. We also registered the strongest pulling, the highest flight, most unusual, kids 50 yard dash with kite and steadiest to name a few. Traffic in Austin was horendous getting to the festival. Everyone else who came brought kites and hundreds of them covered the sky. It was amazing to watch. Anyway the traffic has't improved. Just got worse since this week is SXSW (South by Southwest) week where bands both well known and new come from all over the United States and some countries to play in every location possible in the city. If you're not in the city early, you can't get near it. The first couple of days are movie festival days where you may see many well known actors and actresses. I am sure Sandra Bullock would be here if it weren't for the terrible things going on in her life at the moment. She has two homes here. The Jonas Brothers are also from Austin and I am sure they are here somewhere. Many great Country Western stars are performing as well. Austin is a great city and well worth the visit. As for me, I am out of here for my much needed time away and am headed for San Diego via Las Vegas on April 10th. I will be meeting my brother, Ted and his wife and alot of my friends from San Diego for a couple of days to lose, I MEAN WIN a few bucks on Fremont St. I'll let you know how much. The Picture above is JT's Pub and Grill in San Diego. The guy in the back with his arms stretched out is my brother. He has sold the pub to his son, but we still own the horseshoe of the bar on Wednesdays and Fridays as you can see. I am peaking out under Ted's left arm. yuk!!! Come visit the pub on Mission Gorge Rd off Rt 8 if ever in town.