Thursday, July 7, 2011

Fred Howes


I spoke with Fred Howes today. He lives in Norfolk, VA. He's now retired after working for 30 years as an arborist for the city of Norfolk. He's not married but said he came close 3 different times but it seems it wasn't meant to be.He expressed a desire to come to the reunion but after suffering a stroke a couple of years ago, flying is difficult as is driving for long distances so he doesn't think it's in the cards for him.

He had trouble placing me at first but had his yearbook open and was able to identify me and then asked about a few other people.

We chatted for quite awhile. He remembers Jamie Steele and others of the crowd that lived in the Foxwood Farms neighborhood.

He promised to send me some information and a photo. Fred does not own a computer. I'm sending him a copy of the class directory.