Monday, June 25, 2007

Melinda Mussi Lockwood


The trip was a wonderful chance for me to visit the small towns in Italy that my grandparents emigrated from in the early 20th century. The day we arrived in Berceto (southeast of Parma - in the mountains) there was a chestnut festival. My nephew, with whom I took the trip, had never eaten them before - he was unimpressed but -- loved the raspberry beer! It was a great trip; we saw Rome, Florence, Venice, and then flew home from Milan. My husband was unable to get away for the trip so Don and I went. Don is my sister's oldest son and is just a couple of years younger than me. We had a ball and I have not committed myself to going back and taking my granddaughter!This blog is great – thanks Debby for putting it together. Would love to attend a 45th – October would be great for me. Besides, fall is a beautiful time to be in upstate New York.