Tuesday, December 4, 2007

David Neary


Hi Debby:
Hope I haven't clogged up your mailbox, but finally got around to sending the photos you requested. I sent you some images from my climb this fall to the top of Mt. Elbrus, in Russia, the highest mountain in Europe and one of the "Seven Summits", the highest mountain on each of the continents. I supported a friend who's climbing all seven, and has now completed five including Everest. I'm not planning to do all seven, nonetheless this is my third (including Denali in Alaska and Aconcagua in Argentina. Will probably climb Kilimanjaro next year (before all the snow is gone), and call it good!
Also included some images from the Wyoming Shakespeare Festival Company's production of Macbeth this past summer. I'm managing director and an actor for the Company, as well as the technical director. It is serious fun! I played Macduff, and had a chance to study stage combat with one of the best fight directors in the business. Sword fighting on stage- takes one back to childhood games!
After retiring from directing the Nature Conservancy and the National Outdoor Leadership School over the past twenty years, both in Wyoming, I'm focused on playing and enjoying life, so have been acting, raising money for state arts groups and traveling extensively.
Usually get back to Fayetteville once a year to help my parents with projects.
I'm off later today, traveling to Iowa to campaign for one of the presidential candidates, Barack Obama, and will be in Sioux City for a month trying to help determine where the country is headed, at least for the next four years.
That's the quick update. Hope all is well with you and yours.
Thank you for all the time effort and energy put into the FM site- it's very good of you and interesting to see what some of the others are up to.
Encourage anyone who is interested to connect with me, especially if they're traveliing through this part of the world.
Happy Holidays!
David