Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Rick Wilson

Hi Debby,
The weather in CNY continues to be mild and I am taking advantage of these "bonus days" to get some outdoor work done around the house. Today I washed some windows that were long overdue. I was also able to replace some dried out glazing compound and a cracked pane. We enjoy our 1906 A&C Bungalow and these chores are a labor of love. Next spring our home will be part of the Strathmore by The Park Home Tour.

My wife, Diane had back surgery on September and continues to improve. A herniated disc was removed and she had an L4-L5 fusion. The outcome was all we hoped for, and for the first time in a year she is pain free.

My step son Chris just signed his reenlistment papers for his third enlistment in the Marine Corps. Of course we have mixed feelings about this. He is happy in the Corps, but he will be off to Afghanistan sometime in the spring. We can only hope it goes as well as his tour in Iraq.

My youngest son's football team, Westhill is in the State championship semifinal game next Saturday in Rochester. They played for (and won) the Section III championship at the Dome a few weeks ago. Dale Drypolcher was one of the announcers and his good comments about Kevin were nice to hear.

Thanks for your good work on the Blog, and I hope to make some progress on those phone calls soon.

All the Best,
Rick