Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sandy Jackson Epoch

Everything fine here in Texas!
After the busy holiday season, my commitment turned to preparing my grandson, Dylan, for major surgery. He has Pectus Excavatum or sunken chest and was operated on January 14th. His preop visits confirmed that he had to have the surgery. He is a trooper at four years old and having all ribs and breastbone cracked to do a reconstruction of cartilage to support the chest wall and move his heart back in place. After the 3-4 hour operation, it only took him two days to get up and visit the hospital playroom and start bowling on the wii. He has been housebound for two weeks with two more weeks to go(short walks only). Next two months, low key exercise, then baring any complications, ready to hit the soccer fields.
It's been both real cold and in the 70's the past couple of weeks, I can't say what we are in for for the rest of the winter. I am hoping to travel to San Diego this spring, Syracuse, via Tennessee to visit my sister, sometime this summer and back to San Diego in the fall. It all depends on Dylan's recovery and my first Social Security check.
I hope everyone had a nice holiday and are staying warm this winter. It sounds like crazy weather everywhere. GO SU
Sandy from Texas today