Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Charlotte Case -- FM Russian Teacher

Dear Cossacks:
Our wonderful Russian teacher, Mrs. Case, has passed. Remember the music? The native dress? The singing? The dancing? As neighbors in 1961, I had an early opportunity to experience Mrs. Case's fervor for the Russian language. When I started 9th grade, it was without hesitation that I signed up for Russian class.

I learned more than Russian. I learned that this remarkable teacher had a joy and showed it in class every day. By the time I was 16, I had already been inspired to be just like Mrs. Case when I grew up.

I substitute taught for her between January & June, 1971. I knew the subject matter, but didn't have her talent for imparting passion and enthusiasm; only she could do that. There's no substitute for Charlotte Case.

Cheryl Albig