Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dan Sheedy

I have spent the entire summer thus far at my little place on the St Lawrence River, mostly with my Golden Retriever Bailey. She is my constant, faithful companion. She had her spleen removed earlier this spring. We were told it was probably a malignancy and would not result in a positive outcome. However, we elected to pause, collect ourselves and get a second opinion. Not only did she come through surgery well (for an 11 year old), it turned out to be non-malignant and the old girl is fine! Disaster avoided.
Other than some odd mechanical problems with my boat, it has been a fine season so far. Plenty of sunshine and HOT weather.
My younger son Jonathan continues to work and live at home. Not interested in college at this point.
Ben, the older son, just finished a 5 week program at Harvard (today, in fact). Conducted by the Moscow Theatre Arts School, it concentrates on the Stanislovsky school of method acting. I have no idea what it all means. He'll audition again in January for graduate schools, looking to start a year from now.
I'm still actively pursuing my career doing voiceover work.
I hope all is well with you.
Best,
Dan