Monday, September 12, 2011

New Computer with Windows 7

I was forced to buy a new computer over the weekend because my 5 year old HP PC with XP suddenly did not work. I took it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy and they were pretty sure it was the hard drive.
Fortunately I had back up. It turns out there was nothing on my hard drive -- it failed. It actually cost less to get a new one than to try and fix the other. But nothing is where it should be. I couldn't even post to the blog. Have spent the last several hours today trying to figure the whole thing out.

This is the result. I up loaded a picture and am writing a post to see that it works. I had to change everything I was used to for the past 5 years. Very tedious. So I'm going to try and publish this now. And see. Fingers crossed. ---- It works. Yea!