Sunday, July 22, 2012

Ralph Braun

The years high light so far has been a naval squadron reunion in Tucson. It was a shock to hit there in April , having left Madison at 37 degrees and arriving there at 102 but it was a real treat. The get together was great as always but our numbers grow fewer as the years pass. I reunited with one of my best pals from 42 years ago and we had much to talk about. I had "borrowed" his leather flight jacket in 1971 and surprised him by returning it. Although it looked a bit like road kill after all these years ,it was an emotional moment for us both, we flew a lot of miles together. I asked if he would lend me his lawn mower but he refused LOL.
My wife Carol retired this spring. It was not what we had planned but a new director took over and the short story is that he did such a good job of alienating other agencies that they have worked with for 30 years they lost $750K in grants and the money to pay her dried up. It's actually been a good thing so far.

Ralph