Sunday, August 10, 2008

Melinda Mussi Lockwood


No much going on here! Had knee surgery on the 11th and have been out of commission all week but I must say that immediately following the surgery I had no more knee pain!
I am looking forward to getting back out on my bike and back into my kayak. My daughter, granddaughter and I each bought a little 10' kayak at Bass Pro Shops Britt's is pale blue while her mother's and mine are multi-colored. Have been having a great time at a series of lakes that are about five minutes from our home. My largest hurdle has been my knee(s). Have all sorts of trouble getting in and out; once in I'm all set but I went into surgery with multiple black & blue marks from my efforts! My new nickname "Happy Feet" will no longer fit as I can actually bend my knee more easily now. We had several moments of great hilarity (at my expense!) the last few weeks.
My right knee will be next up (probably in a couple of months) and while I am grateful for the invention of general anesthetic, I do not appreciate the after effects and am not looking forward to the 48 hours following the procedure. All in all, however, it is good to feel so well! I am lucky to have access to some excellent doctors!
Our granddaughter starts Jr. high this year - heaven help us! Her mom keeps her fairly busy with church youth group activities (horse camp, etc.). She will be involved with the theatre group at school this year and now has her first boyfriend. Her mom is focused on making sure her time is well-balanced with home/church/school. In addition, Kim is finally finishing her degree (at long last). Our eldest grandson, Joseph, starts school this year and I am confident that every teacher he encounters will be amazed by his brilliance (this according to our son & his wife ~ ; )
All in all looks like we're off to a great start to a new academic year.
How have you been? I am been remiss in my search time for old classmates - sometimes just get so caught up in other projects that I lose track of how quickly time is passing!
Wonderful to hear from you.
M