Friday, December 10, 2010

Larry English


Spent 5 nights and 6 days in Key West, Florida last week. It was a trial getting there with all of the weather kicking up, but I outsmarted mother nature by flying to Charlotte the night before, which was a good thing because my original flight got seriously delayed. Only one flight a day from Charlotte to Key West, so it was either make it or lose a vacation day. I was lucky to have just wonderful weather, 70-74 every day, not a cloud in the sky. Water temperature was 74 degrees. “Cooled” down to 65 the day that I left, but I was leaving so who cares. All the while I loved reading about the snow and cold back east, funny how quickly you fit right into the “southern” mentality. The attached picture is the entrance to the Parrot Key Resort which I can very highly recommend. Very nice place at a reasonable price, I had a 2 level apartment, it had 2 nice bedrooms and 2-1/2 baths, big living room and a dining area. Very secluded and quite, but big time Duval Street is only a 5 minute drive. You can find everything you ever dreamed of there and some things that you might not to ever see again. Very modern kitchen with upscale appliances and granite counter tops. I rented a Mustang convertible and drove around town a lot. It felt GREAT!!!

Lots to do and see in Key West, I had never been there. Very casual place with a lot of folks from all over the world.

Going back next year with my kids.