Saturday, January 8, 2011

Camp Tellman

2010 has been a good year for us. We maintain good health and continue working toward a retirement. I am still teaching ESL (English as a second language) to 26 elementary students. I also am the liaison between the school and the community. They are thankful for a chance at a better life.
I had a stroke of luck in April. I have been riding BMW motorcycles off and on since 1972. The BMW owner’s club had a raffle and I bought two tickets. Out of 10,000 others I won a 2011 BMW S1000RR Superbike and a complete set of safety apparel . The motorcycle is state of the art and much more performance than I’ll ever use.
In addition Lisa and I were guests of BMW at the World Superbike Races in Salt Lake City on Memorial Day weekend. There we met up with my foreign exchange student brother Jorge Lopez and his son Hugo from Mexico. It was a great time.
The boat project is progressing. We hope to be back in the water next fall. It will be our home away from home when we travel. We hope to wander in search of good weather and fair winds. This has been a complete refit and a learning experience for me. You can say I am intimately familiar with our boat. She will return to the water with many upgrades and improvements more safety, comfort and sailing ease. Our boat cat Yeoman is tired of being a land dweller and wants to return to the water. He has been an interesting and loyal member of the family.
There is a chance we will visit Mexico over Easter. It depends on the violence but we will not be near the border with the US.
Lisa and I hope you are well and that 2011 is a good year.