Friday, January 7, 2011

Wayne Trivelpiece

Hi Debby, First, my apologies for the long silence. Sandy did get after me and Tom about getting in touch. I hope you had a great Christmas and are enjoying the Holidays as much as I am. Getting a new dog is one way to certainly cheer things up around the place. I did get to see Sandy Epoch this Fall while she was in San Diego. Sandy, her brother Ted (Class of 65) and his wife Ginnel? came up to the house for an afternoon visit and drinks in early November. Sandy was still undergoing Chemo at the time, so she wanted to make it a short stay, but she was her old cheerful self and she said the treatments were nearly over and manageable. I hope she was as well as she made out to be, as it has been very nice getting together with her and Tom Weller whenever she comes to SD for a visit.
We have had a wet but cozy Holiday season thus far. Sue, my wife, returned from her 2+ month Antarctic research stint in early December and my oldest daughter Sara has been home from college (Humboldt State Univ) in Arcata, CA since mid December. I depart for the South next week and will be away until late March.
I am definitely planning on coming to the 45th reunion next October, although it will depend on my in-laws (both in their 80s) remaining healthy and able to come to CA and care for Amy, our 13 year old, while I'm in NY. Thanks again for all the work on behalf of the Class and I look forward to seeing you and many other old friends and fellow class members in October.
Best wishes for the New Year, Cheers, Wayne