Tuesday, December 6, 2011

More Computer Problems

For a long, long time I never had any computer problems and now it's just one right after another. The latest is that I've lost my wireless printer capability. This time I spent 45 minutes with a guy in Chesapeake, VA reinstalling the printer drivers. When we finished I was told that I would have to go back to Cisco to undo what they had done with the router, since the printer would still not work. I can copy and print manually, but I can't print from the PC or Internet which I do often. It is a real inconvenience. I'd rather rip out my eyelashes that go back to Cisco and someone in the Philippines.

So the other day I packed up the printer, the desktop tower and my router and headed over to Best Buy. I was told by the Geek department that they didn't think too much of manufacturer's tech phone support until you reached a certain tier. The first tier which I was on garners only the lowest tech support available to a caller. And they couldn't do anything for me regarding network support. I would have to be at home to access my own network. So, today I have a Geek squad tech coming to the house to hopefully remedy the situation.

It's all so simple actually, it just costs money every time you can't do something. The one time I tried on my own, I did something major which cost me something else. Everything.