Friday, June 29, 2012

Visited my mom and dad - Edward & Janet Costello

Dear FM Classmates. An update to my last blog post. We did visit with my mom and dad...from Mothers Day to Fathers day. We had a great time. We parked our motorhome at Green Lakes for 2 weeks, then spent a week at Henderson Harbor, then back to Green Lakes for another week While there we visited Alexandria Bay, whereas we visited Boldt Castle. What a difference. NY state is doing a great job preserving the castle.

Obviously we spent a lot of time in my old neighborhood ... Homewood. Note - they changed the spelling of McLennan Drive to McClennan drive. Strange. I stopped by Town of Manlius offices and they could not tell me why. McClennan drive now has a fourth block...with one home being constructed while we were there. The road starts on the right side of Platt Wheelers previous home.

We did a lot of chores for the folks, who continue to live in their "Starter Home." How the 5 of us lived in that home for so long is beyond me. We plan on visiting mom and dad about every 4 months as the time is slipping away. My two brothers are Greg and Doug.

I also saw quite a few friends...one being someone I worked with at Carrier...Dave Hatch. I believe some of you know him as a neighbor on Salt Spring Road. We had breakfast at Hullers. We also saw Rick Schaefer quite a few times...once at the old bar called "The Chalet."

Well, we are back at New Bern, NC, where it is very hot. Our daughter and 2 grandchildren from St. Louis with visit soon. Have a great summer everybody. Please keep posting on the Blogs....great keeping up with my FM friends.

Oh yeah...we did visit the Swan Pond as well. Quite the story. God Bless! My email is budman34@embarqmail.com