Thursday, July 16, 2020

A note from Harriet Evans Betts

I was so very sorry to hear about Frank. What a wonderful, kind and intellectual soul.
He will surely be missed!

Bruce and I are retired and still live in Phoenix. Our daughter and her family, who live in downtown Chicago, have been blessed to be at Ryan's family's beach house in Ogunquit, Maine for the summer and beyond. They both work from home while entertaining Finn who will be three in October. It was 116 yesterday so we try to swim in the morning and lay low the rest of the day. The highlight is FaceTiming with Finn each morning where we read books, tell jokes and share stories.
My email address is now: Harriet.betts@gmail.com.
I was adopted and through the gift of Ancestry.com, I discovered  that I have 4 half brothers and 2 half sisters. A year ago December, Kristina and I met one of my "brothers" and his wife In Washington, DC, and in July we went to a family reunion, near Syracuse, where we met 2 more "brothers" and 2 "sisters". We also had the opportunity to spend time with our dear friend, NancyWhite. It has been great fun connecting with everyone and they have been so kind and welcoming. Hope you are all well and thank you Debbie for keeping us all connected.