Saturday, January 19, 2008

Jack Mapstone


Debby,
Thanks for being so considerate and consistent with keeping the blog updated. Your efforts are truly appreciated. Are there any special instructions for going to the blog and editing the entry myself? As an aged crepitant(?) I'm certain I've seen something, I just can't remember where.
News(if you can call it that): The holidays were wonderful, especially being able to spend Christmas morning with our 2 granddaughters ages 7 and 4. I finished the last semester supervising 10 student interns: 6 high school, 2 middle school and 2 elementary. I was delighted to see what goes on at the elementary level! I can honestly say I wouldn't mind my own kids being placed in any of their classes. This semester I've been assigned 12 interns by FSU: 10 high school and 2 middle school. My wife Renae and I enjoy traveling locally to small Georgia, Alabama and Florida towns with some strange names(Wewahitchka?, Attapulgus?, Wacissa?) to wander through the shops, especially antique shops, have lunch or dinner in a local restaurant or, playing golf if there is a golf course near by. We are planning to go camping with Steve Martin and his wife Gerry, sometime in February. I hope this message finds "all y'all" well and happy. jm