Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Tom Ford Class of 68

Friends and family, 2007 has been another interesting life experience in Ukraine. My other two team members left last February, so it has been lonely at times with no Americans around to talk with. Fortunately I had Nadia to share and enjoy new life experiences. I was able to travel home twice on business and bring Nadia with me to Pensacola and Chicago. She had a wonderful time in America. We also made many trips to Kyiv and spent four fun-filled days exploring Istanbul. This morning, I spent my last Christmas in Ukraine by teaching at their Naval Academy and having Christmas brunch with some of the professors. I will be starting a new job in Corpus Christi, TX as the Program Manager for a U.S. Navy contract that involves courseware and curriculum development at the five Naval Air Training bases, which will allow me to get back to Pensacola regularly. I plan to arrive in Corpus on 6 January, directly from Ukraine. The following week I will be in Pensacola to spend time with my Dad & Jacque; Cliff and Marin, my 3rd granddaughter that I’ve never met; Stephen, Lara, Madison, & Makenzie; and Tommy. Captain Cliff (USMC) will be visiting from Camp Pendleton, CA and deploying soon to Iraq for his third tour flying H-46 helicopters.Since I’ll be back in America after 28 months, I hope to see some of you and renew old friendships...and play some golf too.Please take time throughout the year to thank the military men & women that protect our freedoms and their families for their sacrifices, most especially during this Christmas period. Please enjoy this video -- http://www.iwo.com/heroes.htm I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and may God bless and watch over you in 2008.
Tom Ford