Monday, January 26, 2009

Dave Eckerson


OK, DD ... here are a few pics from Christmas with our three kids in Africa: an elephant too close, the infamous (and rare) African Shoebill stork (note beak that looks like a shoe), a cold Nile on the Nile, a lioness on the hunt, my daughter and I at the sacred tombs of the Buganda Kingdom, a pile of crocs along the Nile, and monkey motherhood. As for what's up in my life: I have a great job and love going to work. Your government and mine is investing over 400 million dollars a year to improve life in Uganda and restore stability following the ouster of Joseph Kony iand the Lord's resistance Army in the north. I get to manage where all that money goes, and how it is spent.

I just learned that FM has a "Wall of Distinction" and that three fellow classmates: Dave Vermilya (first of us to be honored in 2001), Frank Carroll (2003), and Wayne Trivelpiece (2005) adorn it. Seems they take in three distinguished alumni a year who have proved worthy of recognition for their service to the community and the world. For some reason I have been chosen in 2009 to get my name up there along with them, making the class of '66 (I think) to have the most representatives. So, I'll be swinging thru Fayetteville o/a March 28th to suffer thru the ceremony at the insistence of my bride and kids. Let everyone know if they are ever in Uganda, a cold beer and a comfortable abode awaits them.

Eckerson