Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snowed in Again


The St. Louis area is experiencing winter for sure now. After sliding my SUV into a tree on Sunday because of the snow covered driveway, I thought the snow would ease up. But, now at 11:30 pm on Tuesday night, I'm waiting for a snow plower to call back. We have only about 6 inches, but that 6 inches makes the driveway sleet encrusted and extremely dangerous. Woods, big trees and a drop off border the sides. It's a scary scene when you have a giant vehicle sliding of it's own free weight right towards a big, hulking tree. I almost threw up from fear as it just about happened again as I started a descent to got get the cracked tail light fixed yesterday. I launched the car with a gulp down the snow covered grass. The shakes stayed with me the rest of the afternoon.