Sunday, September 13, 2009

Richard Wilson




Hi all,
I just found this blog site, or should I say Debby found me. I’ve spent the last few days reading through over a year’s worth of entries which stir up a lot of memories.
So first Debby, I’ll echo the many positive comments and thank-you’s that have been expressed by others. It is really wonderful that you do this. What a great way to re-connect and keep up.
Now where do I start? It’s been almost 45 years. [WOW]
Since I only moved into the F-M district in my freshman year, and I don’t have the long history of grade school and Jr. High that many of you have together; I’ll forgive if some of you struggle to remember me.
After graduation and 2 years at OCC, I went to work for Bristol Labs. (Now Bristol-Myers Squibb). I guess I knew that I had a good thing going, because I stayed there for the next 39 years and 9 months, retiring in Nov. of 2007. My time at Bristol was briefly interrupted by our favorite Uncle (Sam), but that worked out fine. While working at Bristol, I used to regularly see our friend and classmate John Pearson.
I’ve stayed in the Central New York area living in Chittenango, then Fayetteville, Onondaga Hill, and now in Syracuse where my wife Diane and I have an Arts & Crafts style Bungalow in historic Strathmore by the Park.
Diane owns a successful Salon/Day Spa in Dewitt, and continues to work, although since I retired she’s starting to take more time off so we can travel. Since Diane is still working, I got bored pretty quickly and got my license to sell real estate. It’s been a great second career that allows me to keep a flexible schedule, and provides a little extra income for traveling and such.
My health has been good, and I try to stay active doing the things I enjoy. Fly fishing has always been an interest of mine and I fish the Lake Ontario Tributaries as often as I can from September through April. I also enjoy playing guitar and play at several open mics in Syracuse.
I’ll leave it at that for now, but I am looking forward to contributing to the blog and hearing more news of friends and classmates. We aren’t getting any younger, you know!

Warmest Regards,
Rick
http://www.rickwilson-homes.com/
http://dianesimageprofessionals.com/