Saturday, September 12, 2009

Steve Martin ...... Still in Florida

I spent most of the summer bouncing from Syracuse to Mass. seeing relatives, mostly grand kids. We left Florida June 24Th dragging our 29' trailer (that can be an experience in itself) and made our first stop in Raleigh, NC to see my son and his new baby. Then is was on to Lafayette to see my daughter's 4 kids. I call them "The Wild Bunch" because they are. Then to Mass. to see my wife's side of the family. After about a month visiting and traveling around Mass. and Maine it was back to Fayetteville's Green Lakes State Park. That went well except for our neighbors in the next camping spot - Darrell & Darrell. Ended up calling the cops on them. Then it was back to Raleigh and finally back to our house in Venice, Florida.
I'm still teaching math at the "State College of Florida". It's supposed to be a part time job, but they gave me enough classes to keep me very busy. Free time is spent under water SCUBAing (is that a word) looking for sharks teeth, weekend camping, sometimes with Jack Mapstone and his lovely wife (Poo - did I just score some points), kayaking in the inter coastal waterway, visiting my father in Ft. Pierce, Fl and my sister Jeni in Tampa.
When I was in Fayetteville I had to drop off one of my grand kids at FM to take a test. The place sure looks different. While at FM I found out that the principal of FM Jr. High was an old friend of mine. We were waiters at the "Square D Ranch" in Manlius. Many of you may not remember that, but later it turned into the "Red Dog Saloon" (many of you may remember that). Many a good time there.
Debby, thanks for keeping the site going.
Steve Martin