Thursday, November 7, 2013

Dyke Chapman

 



Thanks for the heads up Debby!
 
Ron was a good friend of mine and he will be missed.  He used to live on Brickyard Falls Rd and I lived on Broadfield Rd just around the corner and used to see a lot of Ron. 
 
I know you have asking for and update for the class so if it isn’t too crass I will use this opportunity to update you all a little.  The Chapman family is very busy these days.  Ronnee, my wife, is selling real estate here in Syracuse and the business has picked up.  She had a pretty good year.  We are empty nesting like a lot of you out there.  Sarah, our daughter, 23 soon to be 24 in December, is in South Africa where she has taken a full time position at Loebies Guesteplass raising and caring for leopards, lion and cheetahs.  Ronnee and I are going over to see her and go on safari in December and will be there for Christmas and her birthday (29th).  Some pictures attached… Michael, our son, is 25 and recently got engaged.  His fiancé Lauren is a sweetheart and we love her.  They are getting married next March in Nashville where they both live and work.
 
My business has gone international and I know am traveling more than ever…Colombia, Denmark, Germany and soon Afghanistan…Crazy times…I know I should be slowing down but life is too much fun!!
 
That’s it for now…
 
My thoughts and prayers go out to Nancy and Ron’s family…he was one of the good guys…
 
Dyke