Friday, November 8, 2013

Joyce Powell Donohoe

Hi Debbie, you are sooo sweet!!! Your the best at keeping in touch.....love following you and all your great pictures on Facebook!!!!!
 
I'm still doing Chemo it's been 18 years I've been fighting this cancer!!! Just want to live long enough for a new chemist to come up with a new chemo for me to try and keep me alive!!! I go to MDAnderson in Houston once approx. once a month to see Dr Lu. she has been on NBC nightly news and the Today show and Good Morning America....I love her and lucky to have gotten in, to have her for my Dr!!!!
 
Life is good, not as exciting as everyone else in our class!!!Peter and I have decided to travel the United States for a couple of years.....amazing how beautiful America really is!!! Haven't been abroad since my travels to Lourdes, France.in 1012.
 
We live in Florida in the winter and Syracuse in the summer, makes life fun and interesting!! Looking for a place in Cape Cod with a water view if you hear of anyone selling or anyone of our classmates living on the Cape!!!
 
Gave up my perennial garden this year and turned it into all flowering shrubs, just as beautiful with a lot less work!!!
 
Still golfing and having fun, thrilled to be alive and out in the fresh air!!! I knit these really cute Mac Kenzie Child golf head covers and are selling faster than I can knit them!!! Casual bike riding and I do Pilate's.
Just playing Bridge and Mah Jongg to keep my brain active.
 
My daughter lives in Colorado and works for Vail Resorts so we get great discounts to ski, and my son lives in Naples and has his own Pool Company. I like how they are located in perfect areas to visit often.....No grandchildren ...YET!!!!!
My Dad is still alive at 93 and traveling the world still, he lives in Charleston , SC another great place to visit!!!
 
Sooooo, the exciting thing I did a couple of days ago is sign up for Medicare... whoooo hooo.....can't use it yet, Peter is still working and has great insurance ....but  at least I'm ready when the time comes!!!!!! I can not believe we are all 65....I do not feel like I'm 65......and as I look at sooo many of our classmates on Face book ....everyone looks great!!!!
 
I see Gary Revercomb about every 6 months to have my teeth clean and catch up on some scoop about the class!!!
And ...I had all the blinds in the house checked and repair and a guy named "John Amos" came to the house to repair them.......he said he went to JD and knows you and Skip, I had to tell him you were no longer with him....he was shocked!!! Very funny conversations with him!!! I see Lynn Gibson around Holiday time.....But, that's about it from our class. Peter still does business with City Electric she is an amazing woman, her company is growing sooo fast.
 
WOOPDY DOOO HUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not very exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just a simple life!!!
 
Now it's your turn to write me back and tell me about you!!!!
 
XO Joyce Donohoe