Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Jim Myers and son Ed


Hi, Deb. Hope all is well. Here’s an update, and yes, you have my permission to publish any or all of this!
Had a visit from Frank Carroll at the end of October when he was in the Phoenix area playing baseball with his buddies from Oakland. His men’s senior league team, the Oakland Oaks, drives down here every year to play in something called the “Men’s Senior World Series,” a huge week of tournaments that are held mostly at the pro spring training stadiums here in the Valley. (There are 5 of those, plus a couple of dozen large public sports complexes with multiple fields.) His team made it all the way to the championship game in the “geezer” division, but lost a close one. I think he deserved to win for the longest commute to the game, however, flying in all the way from Syracuse, where he’s still looking after his Mom.
Attached is a picture of my son Ed and me in front of Hidden Falls, just above Jenny Lake in Grand Teton National Park. He and I try to meet up for a “guy” week in the outdoors somewhere once a year. This year was Jackson Hole, where we took off for several days of hiking and camping in the Tetons and Yellowstone in early September. Great time, including close encounters with elk, moose, bison, deer, coyotes, eagles, and every other live thing you can imagine.
Returned home on a Monday afternoon to find that I was suddenly out of work, due to a major corporate layoff that had occurred while I was away and out of cell phone range. An unpleasant surprise on the eve of 9/11 (coincidentally, my 59th birthday). I’m currently networking and interviewing to find a new gig. So if anybody out there knows someone looking for a good Creative Director who’s also an experienced TV/Radio announcer, please give me a call. Resume is readily available!

F-M Forever…

Jim Myers
4243 E Desert Crest Dr
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253

602-331-1915 office
602-692-9665 mobile
jemyers@cox.net