Sunday, April 20, 2008

Gary Peterson

Debby,
I was just turning down an invitation to a class reunion at the high school that I graduated from (they are having an “age 60” class reunion). I had gone to the 30th reunion, they’re half a country away from where I live, and having gone to that school only for my senior year, I had no lasting friendships from that class. But as I was turning down the invitation, I started wondering about all the kids that I grew up with. That’s when I stumbled over your wonderful blog.

I must have spent a couple of hours going over names and being taken back in time. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. The only F-M class of ’66 person I’ve run across in 43 years is Tad Collins, and we only talked on the phone about 10-15 years ago.

I’ve lived in the Milwaukee area ever since college. Winters and springs are the pits, but summers and autumns are terrific. I’m an actuary at Northwestern Mutual Life. Maybe two years to go before retirement. Still married, a daughter (and two grandchildren) in Philadelphia and a son in Montana . Still love baseball and golf. Just getting too old to play.

I would be most grateful if you could send me a class directory. Perhaps there’s someone in the Milwaukee area that would like to chat. Or perhaps in Southwest Florida . I’m down there frequently to check up on my Mom.

Thanks again for all the work you’ve done. I know it’s a labor of love, and many of us appreciate it.
Gary