Thursday, April 10, 2008

Franklin C. Delong Memorial Service


I attended the memorial service for Frank that was held at the Onondaga County War Memorial on Friday, April 4, 2008. This marked the second anniversary of his death from heart failure in 2006. I anticipated perhaps encountering some members of the Class of '66 at the service and if any of you were there, my apologies, but I must say that my first thought upon arrival was, "Who are all these old people?" I really didn't know Frank all that well but to show you how small a town Syracuse really is, I've met his brother, Ed, at numerable places but never made the connection.

It was a nice simple service, not that one could hear much because of the bad accoustics and the jackhammers pounding away on the other side of the closed doors. Frank's other brother did a nice presentation and I made a new friend who is from Huntington Station down on Long Island.

I don't make it to the Blog very often but I'm impressed to see how many of the MIAs are becoming found again.

Lucinda, did you ever get the old class photos from kindergarten through sixth grade I posted to you in hopes you could fill in some of the missing names?

Anita Cottrell