Friday, August 28, 2009

Kate Wilber Cohn

I was not sure if I should post this on email to the list serve or put it on the blog which I can't find. Anyway, here it is. Thanks again for your great work keeping the class of 66 connected:

I have been thinking about responding all summer. Debby, you are right life is more complicated and it’s hard to carve out time to do something different and interesting. I got away from it all a few times early in the summer by taking long hikes. This proved to be so invigorating that, spurred on by my daughter, I decided to celebrate being 60 by trying a short triathlon. We mostly trained for the swim; I can’t run much and had already planned on walking for most of the running part. The biking was great—not too hilly at all. Although by the end, I felt like 60 was the new 100, we both finished, which has been a great confidence booster. The second place finisher in my division, who was blind and competed with an assistant, provided great inspiration. I would love to hear about the challenges and events that you all are doing. I must say that I don’t think I could have done the tri when I was in high school.
Kate Wilber