Thursday, August 13, 2009

Sandy Jackson Epoch

Summer News from Texas

It's been a hot, hot, hot summer here in Austin (Georgetown, TX). Over 45 days of three digit weather. I keep myself busy with belonging to the Single Volunteers of Austin and bowling twice a week in the afternoon. I bowl with three great guys over the age of 75 with averages above 170 on Tuesday and with three great guys, two of them in their 80s, also with averages way above mine on Thursday. It was a fluke that I was hooked into bowling with these guys other than my regular friends but have enjoyed bowling with them alot. I just hope I have the same energy and humor at their ages. I had to leave the guys to bowl on their own for three weeks while in San Diego but I was sure with my average and handicap, they would move up in place. On Tuesday, the guys moved to 1st place and on Thursday, the guys landed in last place. The Thursday guys must have missed me.

Anyway, the heat looks like it is sticking around until el nino hits so I am glad to be going home to Syracuse in September for 10 days for a wedding and back to San Diego with a one way ticket in October. Not to move there (even though it's always in my thoughts), but just because I can stay as long as I want and have many friends and family there to keep me busy for awhile.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their summer and getting ready for the holidays coming up. Take care and keep on blogging. Debby is trying her best to keep the blog alive and we need to help her do that. If anyone out there is in Texas or San Diego, let me know. Maybe we can connect and share memories. Got to go bowling with my Thursday guys.....

Sandy from Texas Today