Sunday, June 20, 2010

Barbara Crusan Morthland

Is it summer already?? Been so busy I haven't had a chance to experience it yet! Besides, here in Malibu we have this phenom called "June Gloom" - gloomy everyday until at least 2 and then if we're lucky the sun comes out. May is wonderful however, and then July, August and September are glorious - so no complaints. Of course that is also when the crowds begin to arrive.....Am dividing my time between work and my grandson. I hope I get to retire one of these days. Am working as an editor for a publishing company writing articles, landing pages and websites and overseeing a staff of four writers. Way too much time at my computer!Grandson Asher is now 2 1/2 and we are having a love affair - he is precious and so much fun to be with. This weekend it is TOY STORY 3!!!!
Just spent 8 days in the hospital with a ruptured gall bladder - and subsequently had it removed. Good riddance! Am on the mend and feeling good.
Moved my Mother up to live with my brother Lloyd in NY from Florida. She will be 90 this birthday and is definitely failing. She did not want to leave her home, but we had to insist. Better to have her safe and sound.
Dave and I will try to get a vacation this summer at some point - but no big plans at the moment.