Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big Weekend for Me

My mother's birthday is Saturday, the 25th. She turns 89. My brother Dudley and his wife, Sydney, arrive tomorrow from Atlanta. Since my mother has Dementia, I've told her everyday for the last 2 weeks that her son was coming to celebrate her birthday. She's happy about it every time I tell her.
So far it's been a big, troublesome, expensive week for me. My puppy Mavis had to go to the Vet and we found she had a UTI and is now on antibiotics. Yesterday, I took my other Dal, Savana, to the vet because she was hiding, panting and being aggressive. A clear indication she was in some kind of distress. She had blood work, X-rays, and a couple other tests. All proved to be normal. Couldn't get a diagnosis. It was like being on an episode of "House." She is now on antibiotics for an UT infection as well. She's also taking some pain meds and an anti inflammatory. She still won't let me get near her. She raises her gums and growls and then cries. It has not been a fun time for me at all.
In between everything, I've been trying to straighten and clean the house. Thank goodness my brother is staying in a nearby hotel so I don't have to get the house in guest ready status, just presentable status.
Saturday, we'll have some kind of party for my mother with a small cake. My husband, John Butler, is back in Syracuse, actually Pulaski area, on his annual hunting trip with our Lab Bailey. They went hunting today and had a wonderful time. It rained here in MO and was dark and gloomy. Perfect weather to fork over $$ in abundance to the animal doctor.
You know, this is actually what a blog is supposed to be == an on line journal. I've chosen to include pictures to make the posts more interesting, especially to me and to those of you who are not well versed in blogging.
By the way, are there those of you out there who like the program "House?" It's one of the few TV shows I can tolerate this season. I've been watching "The Starter Wife." Have lost interest in the CSI dynasty. Caruso is a joke. NCIS is now all the same. CSI NY is all right and is the original CSI. But with Grisom leaving as well as the others, it won't be the same show.
I've also lost interest in Law and Order Criminal Intent. It's gotten too weird. I actually like the Hedi Klum show Project Runway.