Monday, October 20, 2008

Jim Myers continued



Marsha’s consulting work in the field of health care information technology has been taking off nicely, and my long-time side business as a professional voice and TV talent has also been growing steadily as a full-time occupation, despite the current economic debacle. Here’s an update that I’ve been sending to potential clients:

It’s been a busy summer and early fall, including some marketing consulting and radio production work for a fledgling wireless internet provider in Tempe, AZ called Slingshot,™ narrating multiple new videos for both General Dynamics and OmniVision Technologies, and considerable e-learning voiceover work for both Corpedia Education and Pearson Digital Learning. I also had a chance to host a recent webcast on new data security products for IBM, and have just completed hosting a TV infomercial with real estate guru Dean Graziosi.

Finally, I’m both pleased and a bit surprised to say that CSK Auto (Checker Auto Parts), where I worked as Creative Director until Sept. 2007, actually brought me back in July as their regular weekly price/item radio announcer. We recorded 9 weeks of new national spots during the summer months, and we have just completed another 3-week flight for the holidays. What goes around comes around, as they say. Anyway, in these days of economic chaos, I can’t complain.

I hope as your business continues this year and into 2009 that you’ll keep me in mind as both a talent and a production resource. I am readily available, now have my own voice recording system at home, and can often turn projects around same-day. If you have a minute, please check out my web site at the link below. (Revisions are in progress, so please forgive any construction artifacts you may encounter!)

Deb, that’s about all I can come up with for now, except to say that, like many of us in the class of ’66, Marsha and I have been “re-evaluating” our retirement plans in light of the current economy. I expect, given that our health is thankfully very good and we’re both fairly energetic types, we’ll probably work until the day when no one will hire either one of us any more! Wouldn’t it have been nice to know about all this back when we were all about 25!

Best…
Jim Myers