Friday, October 24, 2008

Dan Sheedy

My innermost thoughts on the upcoming election would not be printable. I have never been so disgusted with the networks and the print media. Their shamelessly biased "reporting" has completely tainted our election process. The childish behavior of the Hollywood crowd on behalf of their favorite has completely turned me against all but a small handful of them. It's not just that I disagree with their agenda. Disagreement over political issues is part of our way of life. But when did disrespect and ridicule of a sitting president during a time of war and national economic crisis become an acceptable form of legitimate dissent? Likewise, the use of unkind mimicry and outright insults denigrates our political process.
Any idiot can make glowing political promises (and one has been doing exactly that).
But when it comes time to actually pay for those generous programs, that same idiot
and his cohorts will be looking to you & I to foot the bill.
The gullibility and immaturity of the American people never cease to astonish me.