Wednesday, May 20, 2009

East meets West


Dan McCabe and Dave Eckerson


We had coffee with Dave Eckerson and wife Connie today. We caught up on as much as two hyper talkers could in an hour. We all have a lot of interest in the Northwest. I've been here 21 years and have only scratched the surface of all the wonders here. I realize a sense of place every day and appreciate not being in Kansas anymore (I never was in Kansas except to drive across it, but you know what I mean; right Toto?) The weather and climate here are set for maximum gardening. The soil is the finest and was all imported from Montana and will grow just about anything with a little organic matter added. We have the largest front yard open pit mine on our block and will finish our complete landscape makeover before the next millennium. Connie is from Anacortes Washington and Patty is from Corvallis , Oregon . I think this is what they mean by east meets west.