Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Penny Zimmerman Jackson

Hi ..

I actually have something to report!

Last Thursday I officially retired from serving on the board of our local YMCA at their annual meeting. During my 24 years on the Board I served in a number of ways including two stints as chair of the annual campaign and one tour-of-duty as board chair. I was touched with kind remarks at both my last board meeting and t the annual meeting. I was later stunned when, at the conclusion of the annual meeting, I was presented with the Y's highest honor, its "Character in Action" award. This occasionally-awarded (not annual) award is given to a community member who they believe lives a life which evidences the Y's key values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility. I was/am both humbled and honored.

There you go!

Penrose