Monday, June 15, 2009

Camilla Zankowski Daniels

Like Penny, I lost my mother when I was 37 and she was 61. I now have been diagnosed with the same condition. Hers was missed for a long period. My father died earlier this year and being there to second the moment of ending life support was not easy. His second wife is our age. You can imagine what a hornet's nest was stirred in his final days. Three siblings made it to his bedside. NO funeral has made closure difficult.

With so many siblings all over the country: IA, VA, MO, PA, CO, CA, AZ,NY and CT, much work is necessary to maintain communication with all. No one can be close to each sibling. Like friends we are closer to some than others. Chip has just put his wife in a nursing home, since she can no longer take care of herself with the Parkinson's. Emily is dealing with her Mast Cell and I have just begun to deal with Shojren's Syndrome. Yes, Debby, I am having success losing weight.

Just like the rest of us we have welcomed our first grandchild. I watch her during the school year. Our second grandchild is due early 2010.

It isn't easier, but, we have each other. We can be thankful for these messages of similarity. Now, keep writing and remember there are friends from your childhood that not only remember you, but, love and encourage you on your journey every day.

Camilla Zankowski Daniels