Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Penny Zimmerman Jackson

Hi, All ...

Being born to "older" parents and then being an only child had its negatives: parents without peers to support them (it was the 50's when most people had kids early), having parents age when I was still under fifty (lost my mother when I was 36, Dad at 45), and not having a sibling or two to share the responsibilities certainly filled up the minus side of the ledger. On the plus side, I've not been burdened with aging parent needs and responsibilities and have been free to continue to pursue my career and to "be there" for my husband, his four kids, and now seven grand kids.

I'm working with folks who live with the kinds of challenges Debby and Terri express and it's a long, hard haul; very best wishes and "courage" to you all.

Penrose (nee Penny Zimmerman)