Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Terry Infantine Doe

Hello One and All-
Debby’s comments struck a nerve because my folks are struggling to manage their home and get to appt.s but I don’t help much. Sometimes I’m sure that Joyce Neveldine knows their ups and downs better than I do because Joyce does my mother’s hair each week. It is tough to be a long-distance oldest child of parents who are very resistant to change, even when it seems to be a big improvement. We are expecting another granddaughter in late July in Sacramento , so we are planning to spend a month there enjoying the zoo and other thrills for 3 yr. olds, as well as helping out with a newborn. I have 2 more years before retirement from teaching, so summers mean a lot! We all need to find ways to manage and renew ourselves.
Here’s to accepting the fact that we can’t do it all…and for our own sakes, we shouldn’t even try!
Terry Infantine Doe