Wednesday, May 28, 2008

F-M Class 1966: Steve Martin

F-M Class 1966: Debby Larus Doolittle

I just finished watching Syracuse University beat Johns Hopkins for the NCAA Lacrosse title. I still closely watch the Syracuse area sporting events.

My wife Gerry and I have a beautiful home on a lake in Venice Florida. We are both retired (although I still teach part time at Manasota Community College). Jack Mapstone and his wife were down for a visit. We all had a great time - after a couple glasses of wine Jack broke out into a southern redneck drawl and had us in stitches. Jack and I went to high school and college (Florida Tech) together and were in the same fraternity in college, so we have a lot of history to laugh about.

Gerry and I will be camping at Green Lakes State Park this summer. My daughter, son in law and four grandkids are living in Lafayette so we will have lots of company and lots to do. It's always fun to return home and see how things have changed and what things are still the same.

Steve Martin