Thursday, May 1, 2008

Linda Badgley D'Agostino


Hi Debby,
Just tried doing a "comment" on the F-M Blog to today's birthday question. I just couldn't contain myself to 300 characters. So I wanted to say.......

My usual comment to any discussion of one's birthday is always, "You're only a day older than the day before." But WOW, we're 60!! And we're doing big things! How did we get here?
This class is so amazing, so much talent and giving back, in every way.
I need to say that I'm in awe of all that's been accomplished by this incredible
F-M Class of '66. Every time I take a few minutes to read what's going on I find myself amazed that, to name just a very few; Wayne and his wife are saving penguins in Antarctica, and Dave Neary is on the political trail with a potential President, that Guy Beck spent 5 years in India studying Hindustani music, and Dave Vermilya and his wife are helping to keep local youth on the right path .
We're no longer just in Manlius and Fayetteville. We're in Afganistan, Alaska,
Africa, all over the globe doing good things, leaving a positive influence
throughout the world.
And those of us that aren't doing the big things are doing our part in the little things that make a difference in our families, friends and communities.
"Hi" to everyone and thanks, Debby, for all your work on the blog. And thanks, everyone else, for all that you are doing, big or small, to assert a positive influence to everyone around us. As a genealogy researcher I have to say that our parents, our grandparents, and all our ancestors would be very proud.

Linda Badgley D'Agostino