Thursday, May 29, 2008

Jack Mapstone


Debby, I thank you again for all that you have done with keeping us all in touch.
I have been meaning to update you folks on my rather banal but happy existence. I have finished supervising 12 student teacher interns for FSU and have sporadically filled in as a substitute teacher at a local high school. ( It seems to me parents are coddling and catering to their kids a whole lot more these days) I have been asked to teach a class at FSU for the math ed department in the fall. I hope to meet with one of the full- time professors to knock out the details shortly.
Personally, my wife and I stay pretty much around Tallahassee (the grand kids !). Renae is working at that high school I mentioned as the front office receptionist. She has tendered her resignation and is applying for a job on the FSU campus.( I think she is even more frustrated with today's parents than I am.) We did travel to Venice, FL this past weekend to see Steve Martin and his wife. Steve took me out on the gulf scuba diving for ancient sharks teeth. I hadn't been diving in probably 25 years. It was not pretty. We did manage to play some golf, sample a couple of local restaurants, see a movie and stay up late playing cards and 'Train' dominoes. Oh yeah, we drank some beer and some wine.
I sincerely hope all y'all are well and enjoying life.
Jack