Saturday, May 10, 2008

John Bergstrom


Hi Debby,

I remember, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... but I have to admit I don't remember that particular book group - but that doesn't mean I wasn't in it. I'm afraid my memory has never been very good. I try to exercise it these days by memorizing poems, but I guess that is a different aspect of memory.I sort of remember a group that got together in somebody's house to learn interesting mathematical concepts - base-12 arithmetic and probably other things - and a school-based program where we would take a school-bus in to Syracuse and hear lectures by University professors (?) on literary and scientific topics. I think those were in the Jr-High years.If you get this, it means I have managed to correct whatever was wrong with my email system. Let's see!
Keep in touch
John