Monday, May 5, 2008

Lee Adams Lerch



This is my first entry, so I will try to get you up to date. My husband, Dave, and I have been living in Pennsylvania since we got married, 35 years ago. We lived in the Philadelphia area for a year, but that was a mistake. We are now in the Lehigh Valley (Allentown is the biggest city), living in an old farmhouse in the country. When we bought the house, it had no heat or plumbing, and only had minimal electricity. 3 years later, with the help of all his brothers, we got running water and heat. The electricity soon followed. It's quite comfortable now with lots of renovations. Needless to say, we delayed bringing children into that environment.


Our first child, Heather, was born Nov. 22, 1980. She excelled at everything including softball and soccer. Her picture can be found on a Team Cheerios box with her softball team from 1996. She graduated from Lehigh University with a degree in marketing and married Joshua Kuchera. They moved to Detroit where he was a mechanical engineer with the Chrysler Corporation. Chrysler sent them to Germany on a job exchange program. That program ended when the auto industry began to have problems. They were scheduled to come home in December of 2007, when another company, TRW, grabbed Josh. And so, they are still in Germany. April 2, 2008, was the birth of their first child, Carsten, and our first grandchild. Dave & I just came back from visiting them. Carsten is beautiful, don't you think?


Our second child, Adam, was born on May 19, 1984. He has blossomed into an incredible artist. He graduated from The University of the Arts in Philadelphia and is still living in that area. He has had several freelance art jobs, such as illustrating a book and story boards for a movie. He also works as a valet for a hotel to bring in a regular paycheck for now. Adam's website is
http://www.illustrationguru.com/


As for me, I had a career as an Occupational Therapist, got 2 masters degrees and decided I needed something different. I am using my Occupational Therapy training at a local YMCA teaching aquatic fitness classes. I was the Aquatic Director there for 7 years. I am now back to teaching the aquatic fitness classes, 5 mornings/week, 2 or 3/day. And, that's the way I like it. The water keeps me "young," especially in my senior classes where most of them are near 80.
I also have a freelance art business at home. I design custom Christmas cards, usually of your house. I have recently ventured into watercolor and house portraits. My website, which is still under construction, is:
http://www.creativeavenuespa.com/
This has been fun. I can't wait to get caught up on everyone else.

Lee