Thursday, October 18, 2007

Dave and Kristi Milan


Hi Debby,
Well, I'm no longer a bachelor. I'm a very happily married man. Our ceremony was at a beautiful setting in a state park on a knoll surrounded by Coeur d'Alene Lake. The weather was gorgeous (as was the bride) and everyone had a great time. I've attached a photo of Kristi and me right after we exchanged vows. A happy couple if there ever was one. More good news is that I got a job with a consulting firm it Spokane. I interviewed with them on Tuesday, Sept 4, and they offered me the job on Thurs with a request that I accept by Fri, which I did. I'll be a senior engineer with a broad range of responsibilities. One will be to mentor young engineers and help develop professional judgement. Should be a fun job. I'll be moving up to Coeur d'Alene on Sat, Sept 22, and renting out my house down here in Boise. More good news is that one of Kristi's good friends is going to take a job with the Idaho Education Association as chief negotiator for the union. He'll need a place to stay, and I have a place to stay, so it looks like he'll be the one to rent the house. I was going to use a rental service, so I'll rent it to him at the net price that I would have received after paying the rental service their fee. I'm made whole and he gets a good deal. A win-win if there ever was one. He's a great guy and very responsible, so I won't have to worry about how the house will be treated. So I'm doing all the little things to the house that I should have done a long time ago but never had the time. That plus packing is keeping me very busy. I hope I get everything done that I want to do. The goal is to pack up the moving truck on Sat, Sept 22, and drive up on Sun. Well, I'd better get going. Hope the weather is more kind to you there in the midwest. You've certainly been bombarded by a bunch of bad stuff this summer.
Talk to you soon,
Dave