Saturday, October 27, 2007

Wayne Trivelpiece

Gary and I visited Wayne Trivelpiece and his daughters Oct. 11-14th at his beautiful home in Ramona, CA. Wayne's wife was just arriving in Antarctica for her annual stretch of their shared research on the penguins there. We had a great time just enjoying each other's company, cooking together, touring the Wild Animal Park and the historical town of Julian and getting to know his daughters a little better. The girls enjoyed giving us a detailed tour of their home and the various things they have collected over the years. I wish I had taken more photos. This week we were horrified and saddened to hear that their entire home has burned to the ground. Wayne and his daughters, their two cats and two dogs are safe. They evacuated their home Sunday night. I have not heard from him since Tuesday when he was staying with a relative and used the computer to send me an email. When I hear from him again I will ask how people can help out and if he wishes to have me post that information. In the meantime, please send your thoughts and prayers out to him and his family.