Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mark Hooper


Debby,
Sorry I haven't responded, just get caught up in the various things. I had to chance to look at the blog, it was quite fascinating, amazing how the names and memories come flooding back. I will give an update and if you could post it I would be great. I live with my wife Penny in Smyrna, NC, which is a small town on the central coast. I am a commercial fisherman specializing in soft-shell crabs, farm raised clams, and hard crabs. I am also the SCUBA Diving Safety Officer at nearby Duke University Marine Lab. I soft-shell crab in the spring, dive and sell calms in the summer. In the fall I am involved in a number of fishery research projects and I catch hard crab. My current project is to explore the feasibility of raising Bay scallops. My wife currently teaches Biology at the local Community College, prior to that she was a Studio Potter working from our home. We have two children, a daughter Catalina (we met on Catalina Island) who is finishing a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and a son who works in the golf equipment business. When not working we love to travel, just getting back from trip to Germany, Switzerland, and Czech Republic. My best to everyone,
Thanks,
Mark