Monday, October 15, 2007

Tom Weller in Alaska



Hi
Debby,
.... It was, without a doubt, the best vacation I have ever had. The cruise was an exercise in pampered extravagance. The weather was great the whole trip, which everyone said was pretty unusual. I didn't get a chance to do much camping in Denali though. The Rangers recommended against solo camping at this time of the year, with the bears trying to fatten up for winter and the moose just acting pretty insane, so I spent the time in the Denali Lodge and took day hikes. What an incredible place! Got to see the mountain (McKinley or Denali, depending on how politically correct you are) which is usually only visible about 30% of the year so I got some great pics of that. I'll put a few pictures together and post something on the blog in a few days. Hope all is well with you. I'll keep in touch.
Take care,
Tom